Monday, March 31, 2008

"Easter time is a time for eggs....."

And boy did we have the eggs! By the way, did Easter feel a little strange to anyone else being that is was so early this year? It especially didn't help that we got a crazy rain storm that day. But, we were able to enjoy the great Easter egg hunting, candy eating, hair curling, frilly dress wearing, picture posing, ham & cheesy potato eating, fun. And most importantly, it was wonderful to reflect on the Savior's Atonement and Resurrection; the real reason we celebrate Easter. (not that the Cadbury Mini Eggs don't add to the celebration. It wouldn't be Easter without them!) The talks in church were incredible, the kids looked adorable and we just had a great day!




We have 1 o'clock church, so we had plenty of time to enjoy an egg hunt and have a yummy breakfast before having to get all dolled up. I curled Brooklyn's hair for the first time and I could kick myself for not doing it more. She looked beautiful. One of my favorite things about Easter is getting new Sunday dresses. I remember this so vividly as a young girl, when my mom would make my sisters and I a new Easter dress. They were always so beautiful and "twirly". I am thrilled I have two girls to get dresses for (yes, I buy them, I am no seamstress.) I feel a little guilty about Isaac, though. I was too preoccupied with the girls, so he didn't get his haircut and his shirt was a little big. Sigh. Brooklyn was cracking us up when it came time for pictures. She would pose herself for each picture, and then continued to pose everyone else for their shot. (She couldn't be MY daughter, could she !?!) She even took some of the pictures herself, which she's actually pretty good at.

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

The pictures are adorable...Isaac doesn't need a new dress anyways! I almost cried at the Easter time is the time for Eggs...My grandma was the cutest!

McAffee said...

I love that that picture with Brooklyn laying on her tummy totally looks like she has rabbit ears. How appropriate for Easter. :)