Monday, June 9, 2008

Summertime Fun at the Beach?








Oh no, no, no. This gorgeous day at Alki Beach happened back in...... April!

It was such an amazing day. We enjoyed a yummy lunch of fresh-cod-fish-n'-chips on the waterfront and then headed to the beach. We weren't planning on spending a lot of time in the water, but we had an unexpected surprise. All of a sudden the water was getting further out, and with our rookie beach experience we thought "could this be a tsunami?" (we were clueless of what was going on.) Oh. Everyone relax. False alarm. It's just a LOW TIDE!! This made for some great little island beaches and tide pools that we had a blast with. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we hadn't realized we'd been there for about 6 hours!

Unfortunately the weather was too good to last. The following weekend we got 7, yes 7 inches of SNOW!! Oh Tucson weather, I am missing you!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

Cute pics Lisa...I want to take my kids to the beach soooo bad. I think they would have a ball.

Emily said...

The beach sounds heavenly today as I sit and roast in my house! I love the heat, but only when I have a lake to jump in very close by!

Your family is just darling!

Emily

Blackburns said...

Lisa,
I think you will remember me..a mighty "Thunderbird". I married Bryce Blackburn. We were in Wayne Co a couple of weeks ago and I talked to your mom. We wanted to see David and Lori, but they were headed to Primarys. I found your blog off of The Westwoods. We just found Emily and Kevin's blog just barely from your comments. It has been a lot of fun finding people that you haven't seen in years. You have a cute family. We have an Isaac also. Do your sisters have blogs? If they don't tell them to get busy. :) Hope all is well. Can I put you on my blog list? Take Care, Emily